Education: Led 4-days of teacher development workshops for 30 area teachers and school principals from surrounding villages.
Health: Treated 740 patients concurrently with rural health promoters and midwives, conducted 5-day training for the 20 rural health promoters and midwives, held nine health/sanitation/nutrition workshops for 400 villagers.
Economic Development: Trained 34 local entrepreneurs on small business principles in two different communities.
Infrastructure: Started construction on La Reforma’s first medical clinic building.
- Worked side by side with local villagers every day.
- Participated in arrival and farewell celebrations and dancing.
- Enjoyed break day at Semuc Champey National Park tropical jungle pools.
- Enjoyed social and cultural events such as soccer games, ultimate Frisbee, a cross-cultural talent show, and a day-in-the-life afternoon experience.
- Pre- and Post-Expedition travel options separate from the expedition: Mayan ruins at Tikal, Rio Dulce, colonial Antigua, volcano hiking and lake exploration, Honduras, Mexico, Belize.