Education: Made musical instruments with everyday items, taught basic rhythm and music making with Spanish songs to 31 children, made 4 traditional clay piñatas with the children and then broke them at our New Year’s Eve party.
Economic Development: Conducted business workshops for three days with 16 local entrepreneurs covering topics of sales and customer wants/needs, conducted one-on-one consulting sessions, held team-building workshops for two days to help build community unity.
Construction: Installed 18 cement and brick ovens and three stoves in the villagers’ homes to allow for improved respiratory health, built seven latrines for homes, tied fencing wire and built 13 chicken coops.
- Worked side by side with local villagers every day.
- Participated in arrival and farewell celebrations and dancing.
- Enjoyed social and cultural events such as New Year’s Eve celebrations and traditions, soccer games, artisan market, and a day-in-the-life afternoon experience.
- Enjoyed an ancient temescal experience.
- Pre- and Post-Expedition travel options separate from the expedition: colonial towns of Guanajuato, San Miguel de Allende, exploring Mexico City and the pyramids.