Health: Over two days of helping the Nepal “Days For Girls” facilitator train girls ages 7-20 on feminine health and hygiene. Singular Humanitarian provided Days for Girls kits to girls and women in the community.
Economic Development: Conducted business workshops for two days with community leaders and business people using the CHOICE Nepal 6 Principles of Business training guide. While discussing creative problem solving, the community leaders created a village-like “Chamber of Commerce” and started creating solutions to some of the community needs.
Construction: Under the direction of CHOICE Nepal engineers, expeditioners helped to rebuild a secondary education school damaged in the 7.8 magnitude earthquake. The main focus was in building a retaining wall to prevent damage from mudslides during monsoon season and future earthquake damage.
Education: Conducted a 2-day teacher development training for local and surrounding school leadership and teachers.
- Worked side by side with local villagers every day.
- “Day In The Life” activities to experience daily life activities of cooking, rice thrashing, and home life of the local villagers
- Participated in arrival and farewell celebrations and dancing.
- Received “Certificates of Achievement” from local school leaders
- Daily “Morning Yoga with Prateek” with a backdrop of the Himalayas led by the in-country director
- An in-village fireside with Bishnu Adhikari, former CHOICE Nepal director and spotlighted in the documentary “Meet the Mormons”
- Local hiking
- Experienced the most wonderful Thanksgiving Dinner provided by the CHOICE Nepal Cooking staff, which included candy, a banner of thanks (now hanging in the CHOICE Nepal Headquarters), dancing, gratitude, and amazing food!!
- Pre- and Post-Expedition travel options separate from the expedition: flight to Mount Everest, Exploring Kathmandu and surrounding towns, Pokhara, and various hiking adventures.