Adventure in Peru
Experience an extraordinary people — meet and serve with some of the most amazing single men & women around!
PERU EXPEDITION DETAILS
We can help the loving people of Peru lift themselves out of poverty. Our 2017 Peru expedition will serve in this region under the direction of CHOICE Humanitarian — where CHOICE has been focusing sustainable development efforts for decades. This will be our 2nd trip to Peru (and our 17th expedition with CHOICE worldwide).
Join Singular Humanitarian as we team up with the village leaders and CHOICE Humanitarian the following areas towards a sustainable future for villagers.
During our week-long expedition, we anticipate:
• Participating in village identified infrastructure construction projects.
• Facilitating workshops for the youth and for the adults on health, education and small business training.
• Providing an intercultural exchange and experience the power of sharing a “day in the life” as we help build up the local communities.
• Participating in arrival and farewell celebrations and dancing.
• Exploring the local culture and countryside.
More detailed information will be coming soon.
WHAT TO EXPECT: THE SINGULAR HUMANITARIAN EXPERIENCE
Singular Humanitarian volunteer expeditioners:
• Experience the extraordinary Peruvian people and culture.
• Work side-by-side with local villagers and participate together with them in social/cultural events and celebrations of the progress made on their self-determined development projects.
• Go “off the grid” and get immersed in local culture—creating a unique environment for meaningful intercultural and human connections with the villagers and each other.
• Deepen our perspective and make a sustainable impact as we use our skills and talents in truly meaningful ways while having the time of our lives.
• Attend LDS church services held at the beginning and end of the week (optional).
• Enjoy camp-like accommodations in the village with running water, electricity, cold showers, common eating and social areas.
Expedition participants are free to organize their own pre- or post-trip travel, but they must attend orientation the first day of the expedition and depart from the village the final day of the expedition.
Singular Humanitarian participants are encouraged to get involved in pre-trip planning committees and fundraising efforts.
For more information, check out “What to Expect”
2017 PERU EXPEDITION COST AND REGISTRATION
Cost: US$1,750/~€1,300 + airfare (a Singular Humanitarian-only discount; CHOICE’s expeditions typically cost ~US$2,500/~€1,865)
Approximately half of the per-person expedition fee directly benefits the local villagers through funding the sustainable development projects and the other half covers ALL in-country costs (food, accommodations, transportation etc.).
Deposit to reserve your spot: US$300/~€230* (nonrefundable and due 72 hours after acceptance email) *The total fee includes the US$300/~€230 deposit.
February 14, 2017: Expedition Registration on Singular Humanitarian’s website at 6 p.m. PDT/9 p.m. EDT.
May 12, 2017: Final deadline for CHOICE acceptance of Applications and full registration fees from expedition volunteers deadline for submission of all paperwork to CHOICE.
For more information, check out Registration info page.
*PLEASE NOTE: Do not book flights until you are successfully registered, paid your deposit and confirmed for the expedition. You will receive Peru expedition specific details from CHOICE Humanitarian.
For your information, we will begin and end the expedition in Piura, Peru.
To receive updates, please follow us on Facebook or sign-up for our email updates.
• Location: Piura, Peru
• June 10-17, 2017
• 40-50 Expeditioners
• US$1,750 + airfare
Cost includes nearly 50% to support the sustainable development projects and covers ALL in-country costs (food, accommodations, transportation etc.)
Post-expedition add on: June 7-10 Machu Picchu $575, paid to CHOICE, (does not include airfare into Cuzco and then to Lima and Piura for the expedition,which is about another $130)
Suggested pre- or post-expedition travel options not included in the expedition: Lake Titicaca, Cusco, Incan ruins, Nazca lines.